new PDQ catamaran owners

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

new PDQ catamaran owners

Post by jimlong »

Greetings all, My wife and I are the proud new owners of a PDQ sailing catamaran and are so excited. The cat was previously known as "Tooyoots" and owned by Mr. Ferdinand Ianarelli.
This boat is anchored at Herrington harbor in Maryland and we're just around the corner in New Mexico so we'll be able to go sailing in a moments notice, all right I admit we have some logistics to work out.
I am so pumped about this catamaran, or should I say we are........ok, maybe me a little more than her, but we plan to move it to Florida within the next year and outfit it to liveaboard.
This website is such an invaluable tool and truly one of the reasons why I went with PDQ and before I go any further I want to give props and say Thank you to all of you who make this website possible, (sounds like I'm at the grammys) Sam, Kevin, Terry, you know who you are and you're very good at what you do. If I missed anyone Thank you too.
I will be bending your ears in the future with questions and if there is anything anyone would like to know about the desert southwest for instance how to get water from a cactus please dont hesitate to ask.
Kind Regards,
Jim & Kathie Long
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Post by SecondWind »

Welcome to the PDQ "family".

We were located in Herrington Harbor before coming to Florida. If you really want to do a fine job refitting your boat, I suggest doing it in Maryland before heading south. Everything you will ever need is found in the Annapolis area, and you will find your boating supplies much more difficult to find as you head south. And don't forget to spend some time cruising the Chesapeake, it is a wonderful area.

Any ideas where you want to put the boat in Florida? Marina space is at a premium and "free" anchorage is becoming scarce. More and more cities are going to regulated mooring fields. Let us know if you need info about specific cruising areas in Florida. We can tell you about the west coast, and I'm sure Sam can tell you about the east.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
Page 83
admiral
admiral

PDQs at Herrington

Post by Page 83 »

Page 83, PDQ 36026 is on blocks less than 200 yards away from "TooYoots" Although I'm more than 15 minutes away, in Edgewater, I suppose I could swing by and check on yours when I check on mine! My email address is sandydaugherty@att.net, and if you're really worried about the weather call me at (410) 956-2331. I work part time at West Marine and know a lot of the boat craftsmen in the area. As Terry said, there is a lot to see and do here in the Chesapeake.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
jimlong
admiral
admiral

new PDQ catamaran owners

Post by jimlong »

Thanks Sandy, Kathie and did a road trip a couple of weeks ago to pick up the cushions and were driving up and down the rows to see if there were any cats and we saw yours. I'm glad you spoke up as I was wondering who's it was. Do you work at the West Marine there at the marina? We had Conlyn's winterize ours after it was yanked out of the water and if I had known it was going to be so expensive would have done it myself. There are some mods I would like to do to ours specifically add a bench across the back between the dinghy davits, however I think I need to find someone away from the marina to do the work. Anyway thanks for posting up there and will call you soon. Jim
Last edited by jimlong on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE
skipper
skipper

Welcome!

Post by ATTITUDE »

Jim & Kathie:

Greetings and welcome from sunny southeastern Florida.

Should you venture south with Tooyoots, please give us a shout. We have docking for guests. And Jeannie's cooking is the best!

ATTITUDE - the last of human freedoms. (Viktor Frankl)
ATTITUDE
Captain Doug
Admiral Jeannie
Sea Dog 1st Class Paca

ATTITUDE - the last of human freedoms (Viktor Frankl)
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Thanks Doug, Thanks Jeannie for the hospitality and yes we will definitely drop by.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Re: new PDQ catamaran owners

Post by jimlong »

Oh I see my old post is not too far down so I'll just piggyback off that one. I'm back and the proud new owner of "Ocean Dreamer" previously known as "Oralee" (hull#71). I am so excited !!! or should I say we are....ok me a little more than her. The truth is she didn't want me to sale "Desert Star" (hull#49) but I had a stupid attack and listened to Epstein who relentlessly pestered me to sale with obscene amounts of cash. Anyway I'm back and happier than a hound dog on a bare leg.
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

I love it! Now everyone thinks I paid 'big bucks' for Dessie. She was worth every penny and I am sure Ocean Dreamer was too. I got your Facebook note and thought you were teasing me about 'not telling your wife you bought a new boat'. Now i realize the post. :-) We are very happy for you and now no longer feel guilty about buying Dessie and leaving you boat-less. Does hull 71 have a third cabin so more kids can come sail?

All the best!
Eric & Bonnie
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Thanks guys I appreciate it and can't wait to get back to the Chesapeake and no it doesn't have a third cabin but will be working on that.
jak430
skipper
skipper

Post by jak430 »

Welcome to clan! We are next door in Arizona. We bought our PDQ32 in San Diego last year and have in parked in Purto Penasco, Mexico until the weather cools down.
John & Regina
PDQ32 #017
"DreamCatcher"
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Thanks guys, We appreciate the post and have been to Rocky Point many times....love the area!