New owners of Magic Dragon

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
chrispeck
deckhand
deckhand

New owners of Magic Dragon

Post by chrispeck »

Hello all - We're the new owners of Magic Dragon, the PDQ LRC that Angela Barbati so lovingly cared for. We're renaming her Miss Kate II. I'm married to Miss Kate I. Currently, she is on the hard in Cleveland where we are doing a few upgrades. And that brings me to a question. We're putting in a Force 10 stove/oven and need to know the installation dimensions for the new oven. A two-burner Princess is coming out. Since we're currently in Memphis and can't see the boat, I'm doing this research on behalf of the yard that will be installing the new oven unit. If you have width, depth numbers for a Force 10 stove/oven please pass them along.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Re: New owners of Magic Dragon

Post by jimlong »

Hi Chris,
Congratulations on your purchase! The width on the Force 10 is 21 3/4" wide by 14 3/4 " deep.
chrispeck
deckhand
deckhand

Advice on solar panels

Post by chrispeck »

Thanks Jim for info on dimensions needed to install Force 10 oven/stove in PDQ. Next up: solar panel advice. I'm mounting panels aft of stern seat on PDQ 36 LRC. Trying to decide how many watts. Max out with a couple of 130-150 watt panels? Or, dial back to smaller, less expense panels suitable for simply charging batteries? Advice welcome.
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

I would max out on the panels, especially aft of the rear seat. If they're big enough they will also protect the dink from UV damage. Of course if price is the issue get what you can but nobody ever complains that they have too much solar.
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

I'm not sure if you need this dimension but the cutout for the Force 10 stove is 20 1/2"W x 14 1/2"D.

On the topic of solar panels, I did mount mine (Kyocera 135's) aft of the bench and like Tom said between the actual bench and the solar panels they provide great UV protection. The 2 panels are about the same length as the bench at 10 ft. X 27" and cost about $300 each. I used 2" powder coated aluminum angle for supports which was probably overkill yet very stable.