ACCESS to Pressure Water Pump

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
Now Voyager
deckhand
deckhand

ACCESS to Pressure Water Pump

Post by Now Voyager »

My pressure water pump or a hose has a small leak. It's located in the space between the navigation station and the back of the settee of my 36 LRC. I can reach it to feel it vibrating when on, but not to work on.
How can I access the pump and it's associated plumbing to track down and fix the leak? If I remove the entire navigation station will that provide good access? The watermaker blocks access from the settee area.
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re: ACCESS to Pressure Water Pump

Post by SecondWind »

You are suffering from a poor installation of the watermaker, which did not include the pump location in planning. Your easiest route is to remove the part of the watermaker which blocks access and relocate the pump to a location where it can be serviced properly. Then re-install the watermaker. Disassembling the nav station is no easy task. It may also be possible to cut an additional access in the settee, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
Root
skipper
skipper

Post by Root »

We have not had an issue with our water pump, yet. However, we did with the A/C unit located in the settee nearest to the starboard hull along with our house water pump. We found that removing the navigation cabinet/desk/shelf unit was not that difficult and gave us easy access to the A/C and house water system pump. Both items sit on the bridge deck so standing on the starboard hull floor made it a straight chest high access. Your back will thank you for the extra effort to remove the nav. station or galley cabinet for similar work in the Port Hull. Ray
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Post by chicagocat »

If I understand you right, you should be able to access that area by removing the cabinet/bookshelf that is forward of the nav station. That entire cabinet comes out. Again, not sure I'm reading this right, but I hope that helps.
PDQ 36052 - 1996 LRC - "Anne Z" - Chicago
and 2001 PDQ 36 Classic (Tall Rig)- "Cat Tales" - Punta Gorda, FL