New owners

Information for first time users - registration, posting pictures, testing, suggestions, etc.
Free Spirit
deckhand
deckhand

New owners

Post by Free Spirit »

Just to let everyone know, my wife and I are the new owners of Ginnie Mae, a 1993 PDQ 36 Hull #24. We are going to change the name to "Free Spirit". We purchased the boat in Cape Coral ,FL and took 5 days to bring it to Lighthouse Point, FL on the east coast. We just got the boat settled and then Wilma came upon us. The boat survived without a scatch. We are excited to be involve in the forum and look forward to the exchange of information.

Tom and Mari :D
ATTITUDE
skipper
skipper

Welcome

Post by ATTITUDE »

Tom & Marie:

We too are new PDQ owners. We purchased a 2000 Capella in February located in Oriental, NC and finally got it down to Hobe Sound, FL in Sept.

We were VERY fortunate to have survived Wilma without a problem - just some more gray hair from the stress of it all!

Our area (Hobe Sound/Stuart) has very nice places to hang out. Please let us know if you decide to check it out.

Doug & Jeannie
s/v ATTITUDE
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Gina and I are also new owners (1991 PDQ36, hull #15). Pictures at:

http://www.islandfx.com/ssct

We are in Melbourne, just north of you. We bought ours in Ft. Lauderdale and could not be happier. Since we lost an Endeavour 37 (I lived aboard) last year in Frances, we were very stressed by Wilma, although we are now much more prepared than in the past. We also survived without a scratch. Glad to see more PDQs on the FL east coast. We look forward to seeing you all out on the water. Maybe we can arrange a get together like the West Coast and Annapolis folks do. Anyone coming up to the SSCA Gam?
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
next exit
skipper
skipper

Post by next exit »

Welcome all.

I'll be at SSCA, albeit by auto.
Don Wilson
Next Exit
Mary Pamela Kilmer
1st mate
1st mate

New owners

Post by Mary Pamela Kilmer »

:D Welcome- if you have not yet joined the POA membership, please see membership - how to join.
Glad Wilma did not harm you, as she did so much harm to some of our members and families.
Pam & Rick
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Post by Kokomo »

Welcome aboard! We've lived aboard our 36 (Kokomo) for 4 years before cutting the lines, and are now in our 18th month of full-time cruising. It's the perfect boat. We'll be at the SSCA and visiting Lady of the Lake - hope to see you...
Roger and Bonnie
sailors3
deckhand
deckhand

Post by sailors3 »

Welcome aboard. Always good to have new owners.
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Tom & Mari,

Congratulations on your new (used) purchase! We are also new PDQ 36 owners (May 2005), our boat resides in the New River, Ft. Lauderdale. Wlima also spared us any damage. Though we do have a bent boat hook, just to remind us to keep counting our blessings. Hope to see you out on the water some day.

Chris & Kelly
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL