sourcing replacement parts

POA (PDQ Owners Association) questions, membership issues, annual meeting, etc.
Rick Herman
deckhand
deckhand

sourcing replacement parts

Post by Rick Herman »

Hello,

My name is Rick Herman, owner of Avalon, hull 70, the first Capella. Living on the boat for the past 4 years, currently in Trinidad.

I've listed my boat to sell with The Multihull Company and in the midst of some repairs. Wondering if someone might be able to help me find where to find some replacement parts to match the others on the boat.

One is the starboard stern fairlead, broken away on a dock on St Lucia in a nasty swell.
The other is the lenses for the salon, galley, and nav. area overhead lights, the halogen bulbs have gotten hot enough to melt holes in the clear lenses and I can't find where replacements are available.

Would appreciate any input or help in my search, thanks for your time.
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Re: sourcing replacement parts

Post by Cat Tales »

Rick, the lights on the Aqua Signal website look similar to ones on Cat Tales. Look for item # 15001 - Monte Carlo.
http://www.aquasignal.info
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: sourcing replacement parts

Post by James Power »

Hi Rick, you can call Sebastien Baril with Metaux produit at 819-533-3222. They were supplying PDQ with a lot of the stainless work, and are very helpfull at replacement parts. If the lights are getting hot enough to melt the lens, you might want to check the wattage of the bulbs or go to a diffrent light fixture. James