Quarterly Newsletter Revival

POA (PDQ Owners Association) questions, membership issues, annual meeting, etc.
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Quarterly Newsletter Revival

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Anyone interested in reviving the PDQ Quarterly Newsletter? Eric Epstein has purchased PDQ36 Hull #49, formerly Tooyoots, now Desert Star and has offered to coordinate and publish a quarterly newsletter if PDQ Forum members will help supply info and pictures. Eric has experience in this sort of communications from previous boating clubs. I think we should take him up on his offer. Lets have some dialog on the topic here and Eric can provide his contact info as we go forward. Lets see if we can get enough stuff together for our first new issue prior to the end of the year. I know you will all help, it was such a pleasure to read the old issues and I still carry a copy with me on the boat as reference material.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Re: Quarterly Newsletter Revival

Post by Cat Tales »

A great idea! One of the main reasons Kelly & I purchased a PDQ was because of the pride PDQ owners displayed. It feels as though some of that pride has weened and I think a newsletter will help voice the affection many of us have for our boats. Let us know where we can send pics and stories.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

Hi Everyone;

You can send photos and articles to me at eric@epstein.bz. Some ideas for topics, but by no means limited to, are: who has traveling plans this winter and where, Newly purchased boats, history or background on some aspect of PDQs, a maintenance tip specific to a PDQ, hot topics on the forum in last few months, a good cruising food recipe, the school supply mission, planned gathers for PDQ owners, any adventures you've recently had that you would like to write about, cool photos you took in 2008, any events that you think the forum should know about. Depending on how much we get, I can have a draft to Sam in a couple weeks, and final PDF on the web before Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance for everyone's support.

Eric & Bonnie
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

OK, Eric has completed the new 2008 PDQ newsletter. I have posted it for download at:

http://www.pdq36.com/newsletters.html

Read up and get ready to start sending inputs for the next one!

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Dan White
admiral
admiral

Post by Dan White »

Eric and Sam

Well Done!
Thank you both so much for what you have done to enhance our enjoyment of our wonderful boats. Sam, PDQ 36.com is invaluable and reviving the newsletter was a great idea and the first issue looks great. Also, whoever is keeping this forum going needs to be thanked over and over. It is really first-class.
If I ever get to see any of you, the first adult beverage is on me.
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Thanks Dan. Although I have to give credit where it is due. Eric is responsible for the newsletter revival. He contacted me about a month ago and offered to bring it back. I had nothing to do with it. In fact, we should also thank all of the folks that provided content, too. Keep the info coming and I am sure Eric will keep the newsletters coming. Thanks Eric!

I do host both the PDQ Forum as well as the www.pdq36.com site. I feel it is my responsibility to return the favor for all of the great contacts and info I have received from the PDQ family in the past. My brother Vern, who sails an Iroquois Catamaran actually owns the server that the sites both reside on and he does a wonderful job of keeping us up and running. And finally, if you are interested, we also host the liveaboard forum for liveaboards and cruisers around the globe. Another really good forum. You can get to it at:

http://www.liveaboardnow.org/mailman/li ... liveaboard

Keep the posts coming!

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

Happy Holidays PDQ Owners.
As you celebrate the holidays in beautiful warm (or cold) places this holiday season, think of photos or short stories for the Quarterly newsletter. Some of the best photos come from the holidays. Feel free to send them to me at eric@epstein.bz.
Thanks,
Eric
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
Annapolis, MD
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Thanks for the work!

Post by thinwater »

It was a good read, and I promise you a story for the next one.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

ARTICLES FOR 1ST QTR 2009 NEWSLETTER

Hi Everyone;

If we continue the trend of a newsletter each quarter, in about the middle of the quarter, then its time to start gathering articles and photos. I know there are big repairs, major upgrades, bent rudders, wet ferrets, tropical islands, incredible sunsets, snow covered hulls, and many other stories to be shared.

I already have a couple volunteers who have offered articles and/or photos.

Please email me your photos and articles, or just your photos and captions for the next newsletter.

Also, if you keep a blog or website of your adventures and would like it included in the newsletter, I can create a section for those - of course only will the owners' permission in advance. If anyone has other ideas for topics, please let me know.

If all goes well, I will have a copy out to Sam by late Feb for edits and posting.

Thanks in advance for everyone's time on this.

Eric and Bonnie
s/v Desert Star
eric@epstein.bz
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
Annapolis, MD