Autumn PDQ Newsletter

POA (PDQ Owners Association) questions, membership issues, annual meeting, etc.
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Autumn PDQ Newsletter

Post by eepstein »

Hi Everyone. The change in seasons and an email from Bruce and SSCA have motivated me to begin the next edition of the PDQ Newsletter. If you have articles, ideas, blog links, and especially photos for the newsletter, please send them to me at eric @ epstein.bz.

I know Ray have been making bow seats, Jim has been doing lots of projects on the new boat, Baccagato has new owners, Sandy has two boats and is Bahama bound, Mike and Rebecca are continuing to "make it happen", and an Antares found Sandy Hook, NJ the hard way.

A quick blurb, a few photos, or a link to favorite Blogs would be very much appreciated.

I hope to have it out fairly soon.
Last edited by eepstein on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Re: Autumn PDQ Newsletter

Post by mikeandrebecca »

I'll put something together for you Eric. Thanks for your efforts.

Mike
maxicrom
admiral
admiral

Re: Autumn PDQ Newsletter - PVC Shrink wrap frame

Post by maxicrom »

I'm going to start working up the design for this years shrink wrap frame - most likely one that can be re-used out of 1" PVC. Hope to have it up by Thanksgiving - after last years early snow I don't want to risk the little bit of life left in our bimini. Last years system really worked well but there are a couple of modifications for this season. The 3/4" PVC worked pretty good but did collapse once under the snow weight (luckily we were able to flex it back out without any damage). This year I'll add more slope to the top and with 1" PVC we should be fine. Since the cost will be higher it makes sense to build it in modular sections that can be stored. The cabin top rails are perfect for slicing 3/4" T connectors and using them as clip on mounts to support the sides. With the East coast blizzards last year we had to shovel the forward decks and tramp about every four hours or the weight became excessive. Leaving the side decks open worked well to safely go forward and also allowed light in through the side ports. This year we'll probably bring the frame further forward (at least to the mast).

Looking forward to the time when we are either south for the winter or at least winter on the hard. :roll:

Mike & Linda

I'll keep you posted and take some pictures of the project, I've attached a few from last year;
Photo_021010_003.jpg
Photo_021010_003.jpg (231.9 KiB) Viewed 17269 times
Photo_021010_002.jpg
Photo_021010_002.jpg (215.52 KiB) Viewed 17271 times
Mike & Linda
S/V II the Max
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Can somebody tell me what all of that white stuff is covering the boats???
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

Lady of the Lake wrote:Can somebody tell me what all of that white stuff is covering the boats???

I've heard of it, I think they call it snow. The Florida version is a bit more expensive.
Root
skipper
skipper

Post by Root »

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! A leaf blower works great for removing snow. But the boat next to you won't like it. Ray