PDQ32

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Altair.
almiaman
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ32

Post by almiaman »

Hi,
I have been looking at PDQ 32 on the web for a number of years. I like the concept.
My first cat and my current one are more performance oriented and smaller at 25 ft.
I have realised that we spend lots of time anchored and little time using performance so it may be time to go for better anchored performance.
I am visiting Tallahassee FL between 12th Oct and 15 Dec and would really appreciate being able to have a close look at a 32.
It would be nice to talk with an owner or two about their experiences too.
Is there an owner in north Florida or Georgia who would be willing to meet me and my wife and show us their boat?
I have a friend in Pensacola who I will be visiting while in Florida so will be over Alabama way a bit as well.
Thanks and regards, Al
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re: PDQ32

Post by SecondWind »

Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Post by MagicDragon »

You might also want to consider visiting website http://www.pdq36.com/
and checking on the link for PDQ owners locator map, then you can see the owners in Florida / Alabama, and possibly contact them directly. (There are also three PDQ 32's currently for sale listed on that website.)

In addition, prior to making our purchase, we chartered both the 32 and 36 because we couldn't decide which we liked better.
Visit: http://www.boatbookings.com/yacht_detai ... s-241.html to charter a 32' PDQ
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
almiaman
deckhand
deckhand

Post by almiaman »

Hi,
Thanks for your comments and advise.
I have not yet found a owner of a 32 so will keep looking over the next couple of months.
Seems the owners list is mainly 36 footers.
Cheers
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

Thats because PDQ built about three times as many 36's. And I suspect that 32's hold their price as well as they do because there are fewer of them. I've owned both, and the 32 has some virtues missing from the 36, but LWL is the final judge in most comparisons. What specifics are you concerned about?
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
almiaman
deckhand
deckhand

Post by almiaman »

Hi,
I have looked at both the 36 and the 32 and realise the 36 has to be a much better boat in every way except cost of ownership and possibly marina fees.
I originally looked at 30- 32 feet based on budget and found Maldives 32 and PDQ 32 are possibilities.
I just like the clever way the PDQ uses the available space, layout, and keeps the deck low by using the sliding walkway hatch.
I also like the comments on build quality and that the below water zone is solid layup.
I realise that all 32 foot multis are going to struggle with cruising loads, another compromise when budget gets a say.
I currently sail a reasonable high performance 25ftx 18ft cat so am no stranger to travelling light.
Since we spend most of the day, on average, anchored I am considering anchored performance a higher priority than it has been.
Thanks for your reply. I still hope I can find a 32 to have a look at during my stay in Florida.
Regards, Al
tomtom1941
deckhand
deckhand

Post by tomtom1941 »

I have a PDQ 32 for sale beginning the 1st of October in Crystal River, FL.

I can be reached at <tomtom1941@Yahoo.com>