Dog House

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Altair.
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Dog House

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Is the owner of the PDQ 32 Dog House on here? We are anchored right by her.
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Re: Dog House

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Yes, Tom is one here all the time, one of our most frequent posters. Gina nad I used to keep Lady of the Lake at the same marina right next to DogHouse.

amytom is his username.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Got it. Thanks Sam.
fredandkathy
1st mate
1st mate

Post by fredandkathy »

Mike and Rebecca,

As you are heading south, we are in Stuart, on the Manatee Pocket (St Lucie Inlet). Tom (Doghouse) travels a lot so perhaps did not read your message right away. Lots of good anchorages and marinas in this area. Call us if you are passing by/stopping in. (772) 631-5690

Fred
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Thank you Fred. Will do!
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

Mike,

Just saw the message. Small world huh? How long are you going to be at Waterline marina?

Tom
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Post by thinwater »

Oh, Tom's boat! Nice looking boat. I guess "Cat House" wouldn't have worked so well, for a name.

So you don't saw your tender in half with the stern breast line:
http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2009/ ... avits.html
This was one of my first mods, and I use it every day. This should be a factory addition for every cat with davits, if needed.

And how have the dodger window covers worked out? My windows are getting tired. I snapped the vinyl when rolling one a few weeks ago (it was about 45F). A few questions:
* Does it scratch the window at all? My hard top windows have quite a few micro-scratches from the Sunbrella covers, and I doubt any of the damage is from the sun, as the covers are only off when sailing. I have heard--right or wrong--that the covers can cause scratching on Sta-glas. Is there a soft lining?
* How are they attached?

Thanks
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
mat0jab
1st mate
1st mate

Post by mat0jab »

Is it me or is Dog House missing some port holes ? I think we have 6 on each side.
Mark Thomas
s/v Whistler II
PDQ 32 LRC #41
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

thinwater wrote:Oh, Tom's boat! Nice looking boat. Thanks I guess "Cat House" wouldn't have worked so well, for a name.That's what the kids wanted to name her but we resisted

So you don't saw your tender in half with the stern breast line:
http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2009/ ... avits.html
This was one of my first mods, and I use it every day. This should be a factory addition for every cat with davits, if needed.We'll look into this.

And how have the dodger window covers worked out?Great we love them! My windows are getting tired. I snapped the vinyl when rolling one a few weeks ago (it was about 45F). A few questions:
* Does it scratch the window at all? My hard top windows have quite a few micro-scratches from the Sunbrella covers, and I doubt any of the damage is from the sun, as the covers are only off when sailing. I have heard--right or wrong--that the covers can cause scratching on Sta-glas. Is there a soft lining? we used sunbrella supreme from Sailrite; it has a soft underlining to prevent the scratching. We used regular sunbrella on the bimini top windows and now we have to replace the windows
* How are they attached? The covers are sewn in place on the top and we used the "common sense" 1/4 turn fasteners on the bottom and sides. When we open them we just roll them up and use sewn in straps to hold them up.

Thanks
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

mat0jab wrote:Is it me or is Dog House missing some port holes ? I think we have 6 on each side.

good eye!!

That's her "ugly side" she was actually destroyed in a hurricane and the side your looking at was rebuilt by a PO, just short on port. The guy wrote a book about the wreck and repair and in it he explained that he didn't want to spend the money a new port. I think he was getting tired at that point.
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Post by mikeandrebecca »

amytom wrote:Mike,

Just saw the message. Small world huh? How long are you going to be at Waterline marina?

Tom
We're not actually at the marina. We're anchored out over by Ballard Park. Right now we are on the far side of the trawler that is rafted up to us. It is likely we'll be here a couple more days. We are finishing up the install of a new solar panel, waiting on engine parts and going to be doing some provisioning.
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

Mike

PM sent
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Post by mikeandrebecca »

We were inspired by Dog House...

http://www.zerotocruising.com/?p=8428

:D
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Saw ZTC anchored behind Squid Lips as we came across the causeway this afternoon.

Sam and Gina
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL