Tonnage Measurement

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Altair.
Bravo 2
deckhand
deckhand

Tonnage Measurement

Post by Bravo 2 »

We recently purchased Windshadow, a 32ft LRC, from Ralph and Cindy Bennett. The boat is presently on the hard in Beaufort, NC. We would like to register the boat in Canada and require a tonnage measurement to do this. We intend to rename her Bravo 2. Rather than pay someone to go to Beaufort to measure the boat we could submit a measurement from a sister ship. Has anyone had a 32 ft measured for Canadian reigistration purposes, prefurably after 2000 when the regulations changed. Please contact us if you can help. sailors@cogeco.ca, (705) 875 7296.
doubledutch
admiral
admiral

tonnage

Post by doubledutch »

I don't believe tonnage is a critical issue unless you are registering a commercial vessel. I registered my PDQ32 in Canada using the weight expressed as 4 tons.
Bravo 2
deckhand
deckhand

Tonnage measurement

Post by Bravo 2 »

This issue is coming to a conclusion. We have agreed with J Gary Ainsworth, Tonnage Measurer, to obtain the measurements that he requires. He will then do the sums and submit the figures to Transport Canada, whereupon we will receive our Registration papers confirming the renaming of "Windshadow" to "Bravo 2". This save a lot of money and time employing an official measurer travelling to NC to do the measuring.