Boat Lift, engine idle, ST50 masthead

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Mary Pamela Kilmer
1st mate
1st mate

Boat Lift, engine idle, ST50 masthead

Post by Mary Pamela Kilmer »

We are looking at putting in a boat lift to get Cats Aweigh out of the water. Can anyone tell us how long the bunks should be, what the dimension should be back from the bow, and where the bunks should start in from the stern? What size (15,000lbs ?) should we install? Any other input will be appreciated.

Second question..starboard engine idles fast then slow then fast again. Any thoughts?

We are very upset with Raymarine. If your ST50 masthead fails they will not fix it. The ST60 is not compatable with the ST50 display...so you have to buy both a display and a masthead unit when one fails. Poor thinking on Raymarine's part (except it increases sales). Hate it when a company will not stand behind thier products.
Ed Ellis
admiral
admiral

Post by Ed Ellis »

My experience with Raymarine has consistently been negative. Maybe I've just gotton the Raymarine lemons, but the RM products I've had do not last and the support has been poor, at best. I no longer purchase any of their products when it can be avoided. Huge brand name, lots of crappy stuff.

Ed
Ed & Linda Ellis
Tranquility
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

I have (had) a 14000# four post lift by Golden Boat Lift (Gatorvator). It worked great until Charlie destroyed it. I am now in process of having it rebuilt and the manufacturer may warranty it. It had two athwartship 10" aluminum beams with carpet covered wood bunks located under the foremost and aftmost bulkheads of each hull. The bunks were angled to accomodate the curve (rocker) of the hulls. Original cost was around $8000.
I replaced the ST50 instruments on Allezcat with ST60 tridata & wind about 5 yrs ago. They work fine with the old ST50 depth and speed transducer. I replaced the windspeed & windangle "wand" with the new unit that came with the package but used the old wiring and wand receptacle. The new wand fit the old receptacle. I am happy with the new instruments and they are much easier to read.

Chet
Allezcat 336010 _/)