Scupper for fwd lockers

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Bob
admiral
admiral

Scupper for fwd lockers

Post by Bob »

I'm missing one of the scuppers from the forward locker drain. I've had no luck thus far in my search. Does anyone know who made them or where they can be had?
Thanks
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
phild
skipper
skipper

Re: Scupper for fwd lockers

Post by phild »

Bob,
I have the same problem - did you ever find a replacement?
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
Bob
admiral
admiral

Post by Bob »

I found one when I was cleaning a dark corner of the boat. Before I found it I had contacted the factory and they gave me a number for a raw water intake scoop which was way too small. I think you could make a quick mold using your existing scupper. Here are a couple of ideas; http://www.taxidermy.com/cat/18/flexible.html or http://www.hobbysilicone.com/resin.htm or http://www.lumicast.com/links.html
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Bob, the original fiberglass scoops/clam shells were made in house at PDQ. Tracking down the moulds might be tough. West Marine sells clam shells in stainless (# 226522)and PVC (# 183384) that can be used as replacements. James
Bob
admiral
admiral

Post by Bob »

I went through the clam shell drill when PDQ was alive and found the number given way too small. I was lucky enough to find a spare original in a locker so I never went any further. What I was intimating was that it should be pretty cheap and easy to splash a mold off of the other remaining scupper. I agree a big stainless one would be a quick fix.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
phild
skipper
skipper

Post by phild »

James,
I tried to check out the WM numbers you provided to no avail they do not appear to be valid numbers. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Phil-
Phil and Mary DiDomenico
s/v Arabella

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging sails. There are faraway places and the everchanging light, and the silence, and a great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Mate
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hey Phil, I double checked and they are the west marine skew / part numbers. If still no joy, look them up in the index under clamshell vents. There are a few different styles and sizes to choose from. James