Southern US Haul-outs (excluding FL)

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Southern US Haul-outs (excluding FL)

Post by Kokomo »

I'm still looking for a yard to haul and store our PDQ36. I want to be as far south as possible without being in FL; our insurance doesn't allow me to be in FL during the summer. So far, Brunswick GA can only haul 18' not the necessary 18.5', Thunderbolt in GA can haul but doesn't want to store a meeger 36 foot boat. The only option I've found is Detyens Boatyard in Charleston SC. Any other suggestions???
Roger and Bonnie
halfmoon
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Southern US Haul-outs (excluding FL)

Post by halfmoon »

Roger,
Is NC too far north? You can be hauled and stored in Edenton. Scotty Harrell has the yard, email is harrell.scotty@gmail.com.
Alex
Alex Kehayes
Edenton, NC
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Post by Kokomo »

Thanks for thinking of me... Yes, NC is too far. I want to be as far south as possible without being in FL.
Roger and Bonnie
richard beberman
deckhand
deckhand

Post by richard beberman »

We can higbhly recommend the following boatyard have just relaunched CATCH 22 after completely detailing and completing a bottom job at

ST. MARY,S BOAT SERVICES
1084 New Point Peter Road
St. Mary's Georgia 31558
Rocky Smith Manager
904-219-2868
904-674-5804

We were hauled out for 5 weeks- The yard is approximately 1 mile inside the state of Georgia and can block the 36 so that no weight is on the keels if you so desire
the yard is a do-it-yourself but they can also provide workman if an owner so wants. THE MAXIMUM WIDTH THAT CAN BE HAULED IS 18'3" the lift is 18'9" wide
Storage is 8.50 per foot per month and haul and launch is 9.50 per foot Blocking is determined by the number of stands used.
Dick Beberman CATCH 22 904-261-7672 or cell 904-556-1611 we live in fl but can see Ga from our backyard
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Post by Kokomo »

Thanks for the info!
That must have been tight. So, you were able to fit without removing any stantions, or anything else?
Roger and Bonnie
richard beberman
deckhand
deckhand

Post by richard beberman »

The only thing that had to be loosened was the forestay and that is common on almost all boats even mono hulls.

tThe big difference is they use longer lifting straps which keep the lifting blocks above thr tops of rhe lifelines

Dick Beberman
holomoku
skipper
skipper

Post by holomoku »

We just hauled a PDQ 36 at Wayfarers Cove in NC on the Neuse River.
18' 6" TO 19' 0" is probably max, so we just made it.
Maybe too far North for your plans but a very nice marina with nice folks.
Reasonable price I thought - $6 per foot to Haul out...I guess the same to put her back in.