Stanchion Replacement?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Loki
skipper
skipper

Stanchion Replacement?

Post by Loki »

I was just "t-boned" by a very nice Shannon while on a mooring in Vineyard Haven. Fortunately, the only damage is a well bent stanchion. Since it is kinked, I think a replacement is best, but I don't know the manufacturer. I thought it was Gibb, but it could be Vetus, and I've seen a few other possibilities. The hull is 36072, built in the winter of '99; the stanchions seem to be standard two hole 24 inch tapered, with a little knob on the top. Any help appreciated.
Jeff Morris, Loki 36072
Loki
skipper
skipper

Re: Stanchion Replacement?

Post by Loki »

After some searching, I'm thinking its either a Ronstan or a Goiot. The taper and the top seem to match. Both are about $100, which is what I was given to cover expenses.
Jeff Morris, Loki 36072
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Jeff,
I replaced 2 of mine when making custom bow seats, may have one hiding around here somewhere. Definitely not in "like new" condition but not terrible either. Its yours if you want it (and if I can find it) but the earliest I could get to it and ship it out would be 19 July. Your call.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Loki
skipper
skipper

Post by Loki »

Sam,
I will likely take you up on your kind offer. The delay is no problem because we'll be staying put on the Vineyard for a while. I'll post some pics so we can verify its a good match.
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Morris, Loki 36072