Water Pooling

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
admiral
admiral

Water Pooling

Post by 36041 »

All, I've always wondered if I am the only one who gets a small pool of water just aft of the trampoline on the fiber glass deck, starboard side of the inner fore stay mount. It's not a lot, but any time it rains or we take green water over the deck we get a little pool approximately 12 inches wide, 3 inches front to back and maybe 1/8" deep. I do not detect any sort of give in the deck so I doubt it's delamination or a structural deformity, but I thought I'd ask and see what the general consensus was.

Thanks,
Tom
www.tendervittles.net
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Re: Water Pooling

Post by eepstein »

Hi Tom;

I get the same thing on hull 49. The boat sits slightly to starboard and I think it was just a flaw or bump in the mold. It does not appear to cause any problems.

BTW, I adopted you old main sail from Sandy after I blew out mine in late 2008. It served us well last year, until we purchased new sails this year. Its packed in storage if you ever need it back.

If anyone tells you they saw you on the Chesapeake Bay in 2009, you'll know why.

Eric
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
GaryWizard
1st mate
1st mate

Post by GaryWizard »

Tom,

I have the same situation on Inspiration - #47. As Eric said, it's not a problem unless you're wearing clean, dry socks & don't expect to step in a water puddle :D

Gary
s/v Inspiration
PDQ 36 LRC #47
maxicrom
admiral
admiral

Post by maxicrom »

Ours collects forward of the tramp under the head stay mount, right near the center divider between the tramps - I've been thinking of adding a drain there... no matter what we do there's a puddle. I figured if I add the drain the first thing we'd do is drop something through it. :D

Mike
Mike & Linda
S/V II the Max