One man's trash - Yamaha 9.9 spares anyone?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
martincreek150
1st mate
1st mate

One man's trash - Yamaha 9.9 spares anyone?

Post by martincreek150 »

We bought Nalani in south florida and had a deadline (was it 90 days) to get her out of Florida to avoid a whopping sales tax. Yamaha 9.9s were backordered for 5 months (with no guarantees after that). We couldn't find a dealer who would dismantle Hondas and drop them into the hole. So, we bought Suzukis. A fine, clean fit.

Tucked up under a shelf was a small box of Yamaha spare parts. I'm a non-mechanic, but I believe I see a new thermostat, 4 NGK sparks plugs, two impellers and bags and bags of seals and gaskets. I've culled the used parts. I have no idea of the year/model of the old engines that we replaced. Can't bear to trash this useless treasure.

First responder who provides a mailing address will get a small box of treasure that they may only then judge as trash.
Last edited by martincreek150 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Re: One man's trash - Yamaha 9.9 spares anyone?

Post by Allezcat »

Regarding "Trash & Treasures" box of parts; I would love to have it. C. White, 24301 Captain Kidd Blvd., Punta Gorda, Fl. 33955
martincreek150
1st mate
1st mate

Post by martincreek150 »

First come, Allezcat, first serve. We'll box them up and push them south to you.
Dempster and Carole Wheeler
Nalani 36043
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Please provide specifics regarding the Suzuki repower for the forum, there are all kinds of changes to the Yamahas that make upgrading to newer Yamahas a challenge.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
martincreek150
1st mate
1st mate

Repowering with Suzukis

Post by martincreek150 »

I had been laying low on the subject of repowering with Suzukis since I thought that I'd get pummeled by all of the Yamaha loyalists. As my earlier post suggests, we were held hostage by Yamaha and a 5 month plus backorder. We had to repower by deadline. The Suzukis run like a charm, but there are questions and issues (no perfect solutions on boats?). At this point, I certainly wouldn't say "no" to someone considering Suzukis. I'll start a new thread soon, to share my Suzuki experience.
Dempster and Carole Wheeler
Nalani 36043