Anyone have PDQ 36 Sail Plan with Measurements?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Kitehawaii
deckhand
deckhand

Anyone have PDQ 36 Sail Plan with Measurements?

Post by Kitehawaii »

Hi, I just purchased a 1992 PDQ 36 without a mast and I am looking for the measurements for the stock rig.

I'm also looking for used mast complete in the Florida area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aloha
K
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: Anyone have PDQ 36 Sail Plan with Measurements?

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

Welcome to the PDQ family.

One source of info for the 36 is to look at PDQ36.com. Manuals and other data can be found there. Unfortunately, the data you are looking for does not seem to be there. Hopefully some of the other owners will respond.

An update..... there is a file there called 2008 PRHF Rating. It is for hull#64. It gives sail measurements. You might try searching this forum for more input
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
holomoku
skipper
skipper

Post by holomoku »

Love to hear the story about why you need a new mast. What happened?
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

You might Triton Sails (www.tritonsails.com ) They were the supplier for all the early 36 sailboats and supplied replacement sails for my boat about 5 years ago.

Chet
Allezcat 36010
Dan White
admiral
admiral

Post by Dan White »

I bought a new main 2 years ago from Dave Calvert. As part of the process, I sent him very detailed dimensions. Probably still has my file. His email was:
DCal1216@aol.com <DCal1216@aol.com>
Pretty sure he still has a website.
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

Many of the boats rigs are slightly different. I own hull 49, but have main sails from hull 41 and 26. None matched mine. Hope this helps.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
Kitehawaii
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Kitehawaii »

Hi, Thanks for all the replies. It seems cache was not letting me see the responses until I did a search found my topic with the responses. Anyway... The boat was dismasted when I bought it. Not sure what happened but I suspect it was broadsided as there is some other repairs and damage that would indicate that. Dave Calvert did not offer up any measurements. Still waiting to hear back from Triton. That sounds like my best hope. Now I'm trying to determine all the parts I need for building a new mast and the measurements of where they go. I'm also looking into using soft rigging vs standard steel wire for the stays both inner and outer. I would like to eliminate the back stays and turn them into running back stays but not sure if that is wise as it seems they are critical to the overall strength of the mast.

Any help other PDQ owners could be would be most appreciated. I still don't know my hull # and would like to know where to find that info.

Aloha,
K