Need some information

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Capella.
Aries
deckhand
deckhand

Need some information

Post by Aries »

I recently bought a PDQ36 in Grenada, there are a host of items to fix some of which I hope to start on in a couple of weeks when visiting the boat. Now Grenada is far away and chandleries are limited and a lot of items have to be pre-ordered, so I am hoping someone can provide some guidance on some of the items I need, they are as follows:
Fuel filler hose (deck to tank), inside diameter and (less important) length of hose
Want to replace all the sanitory (blackwater) hoses, inside diameter and approximate total length needed
What are the typical gas inline and Racor filters used for the Yamaha 9.9 HP motors (p/n please)
I have been able to place most of the other items, but would like to address the above unknowns (to me) when I am there next month and would need to order these components.
Help most appreciated
Ben Naude
PDQ 36060
Jim_D
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Need some information

Post by Jim_D »

Hey Ben;
I replaced the sanitation hoses in our PDQ36 in the fall. I ordered 20 feet of 1-1/2" Raritan Sani / Flex Sanitation Hose. That completed the run from the head back to the sanitation tank; hose from sanitation tank to deck fitting. Those were the hoses I wanted done. We still had about four to five feet of hose left which could have replaced the other hoses in the aft compartment.

Jim
PDQ 36, S/V Serenity
The spaceship, not peace of mind
https://serenitysstory.blog/
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Post by SecondWind »

Send a private message to mikeandrebecca (Zero to cruising) who are members on this forum. They have spent a lot of time in Grenada and can probably help you with local sources.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
Aries
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Aries »

Thanks Jim, Terry will PM Mike and Rebecca.
Rgds
Ben