Fresh Water water flow PDQ 34

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Re: Fresh Water water flow PDQ 34

Post by AMCarter3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 am

I don't know how or when or by whom our water filter was installed. I assume it was done by PDQ. It is mounted on the starboard wall in the cabinet underneath the refrigerator/freezer. Water goes directly from the tank through the standard Shurflo 10" 5mil carbon filter to the water pump located under the forward floorboard in the Galley.

Because the Shurflo filter Bypass handle (with the red air purge valve) on the Shurflo water filter is SO hard to turn, I added a cutoff valve to the PEX water line just before the hose enters the water filter. That way I no longer need to turn that handle to "Bypass" to change the filter. And... I'm still looking for a replacement for the Shurflo filter unit.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
Member of San Juan Sailing & Yachting charter fleet: http://sanjuansailing.com/charter-detai ... .php?id=35

Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Re: Fresh Water water flow PDQ 34

Post by Ross Bowling » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Vita Bella, Hull 114, came equipped with a water filter and it was just below the refrigerator. PDQ left a cardboard box with 2 water pick up tubes for water tanks in my water tank that were placed there for transportation to PDQ. The ensuing problem of the cardboard falling apart created real issues as you can imagine. We yanked the filter out and have not missed it in 11 years. Took a while to pump all of the disintegrated cardboard out of the tank, but no issues since.

BTW, I have 2 water pick up tubes in case anyone needs one, free for the asking!
Ross & Diana Bowling
Vita Bella
PDQ 34-114
Coyote Point Marina,San Francisco Bay