Charter Info.

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ranny
deckhand
deckhand

Charter Info.

Post by Ranny »

We are considering purchase of a PDQ34 next year or early 2008. We would first like to charter one. Does anyone have any information about charters for newer boats. We are thinking May-June in the Chesapeake, Florida, or USVI.
Rejoice
1st mate
1st mate

Charters

Post by Rejoice »

Two couples from our yacht club here in middle Tennessee charter with the outfit on the Chesapeake and reported having a wonderful time. If I remember correctly, the charter company has 2004 version boats with the 75 horse engines.

We have a 2004 with the 100 hp, and we strongly recommend the larger engines. After breakin we have been able to cruise at 18 mph (flat water) and average about 2.7 mph

Hollar if you have questions about the PDQ 34. We brought ours home from Canada via the Great Lakes and had a blast. See Passagemaker, October 2005 or the PDQ website for the full story. We're always happy to bore unsuspecting folks with our tales.

Regards,
Anne & Dave Mensel
Rejoice
PDQ MV/34-51
Nashville, TN
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

unfortunately, i don't have my boating magazines here. there used to be a company based in annapolis which had mv34 for charter. they moved the boats to punta gorda, fl for the winter.

also, i thought that i read someone would have a new one for charter out of hopetown, abacos, bahamas.

hope this helps...why not call pdq?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

charter company that i was thinking of was sunsail out of annapolis.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Ranny
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Ranny »

Thanks for the responses. I sent a note to Sunsail and they have closed their Annapolis office and are no longer chartering PDQ's. See notes below from Sunsail.

"No, sorry. We no longer have any PDQ's at any of our bases- just sailing vessels.

Thanks for your interest in chartering, but the Sunsail Annapolis charter
> base is no longer operating. Let me know if you are interested in a
> sailing vacation at any of our other locations, or if there is
> anything
else
> I can help you with."

Stacy Coolbaugh
Sales Consultant
800-327-2276 x4250
StacyC@sunsail.com
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

see if pdq knows anything about the pdq that's in hopetown. i thought they were planning to charter.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
rlys
1st mate
1st mate

Post by rlys »

We get that question all the time...many folks would love to charter prior to buying. We now have a 2007 PDQ 34' in charter out in the Pacific NW. It is listed with sanjuanyachting.com. The owners picked up the boat last spring and it has the new windows in the stateroom and 100hp engines. Outside of that boat, we don't know if any others availalbe for charter. The one in Hope Town (HORIZONS) is not available for charter but maybe there is another one that Duetto was referring to.