MV 34 - 4 blade props

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Semi-Local
skipper
skipper

Re: MV 34 - 4 blade props

Post by Semi-Local »

Excellent info!

Can you two please keep us informed. We'd love to know price, performance, availability, etc.

Best,

Mark
Mark & Diana Doyle
Semi-Local
PDQ MV 34 Hull 88, formerly PDQ 36 Capella Hull 36090

On the Water ChartGuides Cruising Guides & Electronic Charts
www.OnTheWaterChartGuides.com
h.Mika

Post by h.Mika »

I expect to receive this week a set of Michigan Wheel 17 x 14 RH & LH "DQX" bronze 4 blade propellers with 1.25"SAE taper leading edge and anti-sing mapped class 1 (for 100 hp), including in/out freight charges, for $1716.63 -- this is the total of charges to my credit card (have not seen the actual invoice yet). The order took about eight weeks, which is what H&H Propeller had promised. I ordered these directly from James Blanchard, manager of H&H Propeller in Salem, MA (800.325.0117 -- jimb@hhprop.com).
Charlie34E
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Charlie34E »

I will see for the first time Friday my new props from H&H that they finslly got from Michigan Wheel. Supposed to be same performance as those they had previously gotten from China. Elixir will be back in the water this Fri for about a 2 hour cruise back to my dock. I'll let you know how it seems to perform-- please keep all fingers crossed!!
I will also be able to give my opinion to those in the group regarding the rest of the work Charleston City Boatyard did on the rest of the ordered work-- those interested in work done in the Charleston, SC area.
Semi-Local
skipper
skipper

Post by Semi-Local »

Excellent! I bet quite a few of us are interest in the reports from Charlie and Renee & Harry. Thanks guys!
Mark & Diana Doyle
Semi-Local

Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Still waiting for new props (100HP) ordered from H&H Feb 16. I called recently and they say they are "on the way". Must be on a slow boat from China!

Chet
MV34 096
Charlie34E
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Charlie34E »

Allezcat... The reason they gave me on my props for 75hp was that the China mfgr could no longer fill the order..same for hthe 100's, etc.. I was told this after 3.5 months after putting in my order. This may be why yours are taking so long. I did find Blanchard helpful after I wanted to cancell and get money back. I have no complaint other than I waited so long before they gave me the real scoop. An " owner"-- I do not remember his name-- PROMISED that Michigan props give exactly same performance that everyone else has gotten with the "China" props. I'll find out tomorrow!!l
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Hey charlie34e,

Did you ever actually get your props?
Still waiting,

Chet
Allezcat II
MV 096
Charlie34E
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Charlie34E »

I did get them-- altho 3 days late, but still in time for the yard to install them. Have only about 3 hours on them since, and I do notice "0" vibration- altho had very little with the aqua drives, and I do seem to notice a reduction in overall noise, which I hope is not just wishfull thinking after spending all that money!! As to speed, I do have about a 2 knot increase at lower RPMs- especially around 1900 --- 2600. I do not know if that is due to the new bottom paint or a combination. I still get the same rpms at WOT so I feel good that the specs are right. As to top cruising speed, I have not had the time to get all the info. I will be putting a lot of hours on the boat in the next 6 weeks and will try and keep accurate records to see just what changes I can find. The fact that they came from Michigan rather than the China mfgr I do not think has made any difference-- and that is what I was promised by H&H. Keep in mind that we had a LOT of added weight-- the admiral must have a lot of creature comforts!!
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

I have about "had it" with H&H Props and am considering canceling the order. I have been waiting since Feb 17 with unfulfilled promises. Does anyone have exact specs on the four blade props for the 100HP so I can order them from someone else? (perhaps Michigan Wheel)

Thanks,
Chet / Allez Cat II
MV34 096
Semi-Local
skipper
skipper

Post by Semi-Local »

I just ordered two weeks ago from H&H. Jim didn't indicate there was a problem and quoted me a 6-8 week delivery. Should I be nervous (or worse)?
Mark & Diana Doyle
Semi-Local

Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Update,

Props shipped UPS yesterday (Tu 5/4/11) from H&H. Source was Michigan Wheel. Further info when they arrive.

Chet
Allez Cat II / MV 96
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Post by Marc Gershel »

Hey Chet, Just realized you went to the "dark side". Congradulations. I guess you know what this means.
No more $90 props for you.

Best of Luck,
Marc
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Hey Mark,

Right on with the "dark side". Yep, add another zero to each prop cost now! Actually, we still have the sailboat so its starting to look like a marina in the back yard. Hoping to motor up your way this Summer in the powercat and on to Canada. Will you be around this Summer? Love this powercat! Send a private message if you like.

Chet
Allezcat II / MV 096
Allezcat
admiral
admiral

Post by Allezcat »

Finally received the new 4 blade props for the 100HP Yanmars from H&H. They are 17R/L Brz Dqx 1-1/4" four blade props from Michigan Wheel. It took 11weeks from ordering! Total cost including frt & tax was $1712.91.

Chet
Allez Catr II / MV 096
Semi-Local
skipper
skipper

Post by Semi-Local »

When you plan to put 'em on Chet? Please let us know if they "do the trick."
Mark & Diana Doyle
Semi-Local