Replacing the Flybridge Helmchair?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Replacing the Flybridge Helmchair?

Post by Mishigas »

Considering upgrading the factory installed single Todd Helmchair on my 05 Cat. Looking for sugestions, ideas and the like. Do you like your chair? Not interested in going double, just want a comfy stout chair that can mount on the post. Stidd is a bit out of my budget, but looking for a nice upgrade. :wink: Thanks for your input, Sandy K. MV 34 "MISHIGAS - HULL 68
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Replacing the Flybridge Helmchair?

Post by duetto »

hi sandy,

we upgraded to the high end todd chair. they are comfortable and work well and are a direct replacement. we have a 2003 model year 34.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Captnautigal
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Captnautigal »

I put in a Stidd chair. Very comfy and adjustable. Larger pedestal base required redrilling through hole bolts and resealing old. Just had to drop the center ceiling panel in the salon. Fairly easy job. The added weight was well worth the comfort. My arms fold out of the way, I have an adjustable foot rest, adjustable heght, seat slides back and for Piviots 360 when raised high enough for the foot rest to clear the raised step aft of the seat and the seat back reclines!... Check out http://www.stidd.com.

Maureen
Maureen (Captnautigal) and David
Catatonic - #74
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Post by MagicDragon »

We found two color coordinated Tempress Elite Helm Seats last year on Ebay for $350 for the pair. They fit the posts perfectly, but we also replaced the slides since the aluminum had corroded. We've been very happy.
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH