Water in engine from injection point for Dripless Seals

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Catrina
1st mate
1st mate

Water in engine from injection point for Dripless Seals

Post by Catrina »

I am interested in the various locations that PDQ used for the water injection system for the Tides Seals. Mine is below the anti-siphon tube but on the Exhaust side. After getting water in Starboard engine, I started checking my "piddle" tube every outing, thus I know it is not the culprit. Still got water in Port engine recently.

After many phone calls and seaching, we have determined that it was being siphoned from the Dripless bearing water injection tube.

The boat is now in fresh water, therefore it sits an inch or so lower in the water, that was enough to allow a siphon to take place. Before I just move it to the engine side of the anti-siphon loop, some mechanics are suggesting that we get it away from the hot water and put it before the heat exchanger. The theory is: If engine gets hot, the hot water could also damage the seals. Skip at Tides says hot water is ok as long as it doesn't get to 200 degrees.

Would like to know where others have the injection points.
Catrina - MV34 Hull # 55 - 110HP - 4 Blade props