Clogged Sink Drain

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Clogged Sink Drain

Post by Tom Green »

The drain in the sink in the head is clogged and barely runs. I suspect something got went down the drain and is jammed somewhere. The connections of the drain to the sink I gather are behind the recess and what appears to be an access port where the toilet paper holder is.

Before, I start taking it apart, I am looking for any wisdom and experience about how to identify and access the solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Tom
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: Clogged Sink Drain

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

You are correct. The access is behind the insert in the sink where the toilet paper is located. The sink drain is a straight run from the sink to the thru hull with a bend just before the fitting. I would try either a small snake or just a water hose to try and blow it out first. Whatever you have in the hose may be jammed at the thru hull which would require you to remove the access panel to reach the hose.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Post by Tom Green »

Thank you. I suspect that you are correct about it being lodged at the through hull. I have tried to blow it out - no luck.
Tom
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi tom,

we had a toothpaste cap fall into ours years ago. i used our little wet vac to "suck" it out.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Post by Tom Green »

It was a tooth paste cap. That seems to be a common theme. One other person told me they had the same thing.
Now I am looking for or will make a small strainer to keep this from happening again.

Tom
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499