aluminium propane tank?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

aluminium propane tank?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

do the 10 pound aluminium propane tanks have both inside/outside threads to connect the hose from the solenoid? our hose is the old style with a male end and i need to replace it but the female end connectors are far more available, so i need to know if i can use the newer plastic version. unfortunately boat is in fl & we're in ct.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Re: aluminium propane tank?

Post by Mary & Roger »

John, I don't think my tanks are aluminum, but I do have threads inside, and outside. Most if not all valves have that arrangement. The old [15 + yr ] will not be filled in the US, dont know about the Bahamas. My guess is whatever you buy it will work. Roger
Bob
admiral
admiral

Re: aluminium propane tank?

Post by Bob »

My tanks are 1995 vintage and are still good. They just have to be re-certified every 5 yrs. I just set up a 2nd propane system for a hot water heater and used the new fiberglass cylinder. I had purchased 2-20#units for my ill fated first PDQ and remembered how light they were compared to steel. This time I did it for economics and was pleasantly surprised that even the small cylinders have a noticable difference in weight over aluminum. The bonus is you can visually see the fuel level.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace