E80 display

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

E80 display

Post by Tom Green »

The Raymarine E80 display on my bridge has failed.
I am not sure if it is repairable. Apparently the current Raymarine equipment is not compatible with what is one the boat. Does anyone know of a source of E80 display that I might be able to use to replace the one I have. The rest of things seems to be in good working order.

Tom Green
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: E80 display

Post by duetto »

hi tom,

i did this research earlier in the year for our own rl70c. i think that you have 4 ways to go: 1) go on ebay or other swap shop and find an e80 new or used 2) get new raymarine chartplotter and use raymarine's bridge between their new network and old 3) go nema 0183/2000 with either raymarine or non-raymarine plotter. this depends on need to interface to other instruments but also physical wiring 4) send e80 in for repair to raymarine. each has its pros & cons. i'd definitely see what all options cost. if it's in the ballpark and you're happy with you're e80 i'd lean toward option 4.

raymarine forum (http://raymarine.ning.com/), like this one, is an excellent resource. once you decide on the option, you'll get step by step instructions.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Post by Tom Green »

John

Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply. I agree with your thoughts on the options and hope to find that the E80 is repairable or if not that I can find a reasonably priced replacement of the same.

Best wishes.
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499
Captnautigal
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Captnautigal »

I had my E80 rebuilt by Raymarine for a fixed fee - just can't remember how much it was.
Maureen (Captnautigal) and David
Catatonic - #74
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Post by Tom Green »

That's my inclination assuming its fixable. They list the flat max fee as $1200. We're you satisfied with the outcome?
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499
Tom Green
skipper
skipper

Post by Tom Green »

Was able to get it repaired by Raymarine for $300. Hopefully it will continue to work fine.
Tom & Nanci Green
Diastole
MV3499