Windlass Relay

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
lgeller
1st mate
1st mate

Windlass Relay

Post by lgeller »

[aThe windlass on Plush Toy would not bring the Anchor up the other day. I found the tapping the relay solved the problem - at least temporarily, but I would like to replace the relay so that we don't have a problem out on the water.

Does anyone know who manufactures the relay and where I can get it? It says TEAM C on the side - and a photo is below.
relay.JPG
relay.JPG (33.51 KiB) Viewed 8049 times
THANKS.

Larry
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Re: Windlass Relay

Post by teamwork »

Hey Larry, I had that problem a year or so ago, turned out to be low voltage. charge up your house batteries before buying parts. My battery bank and charger were a little bit to small. fixed with !00 amp charger and 4 AGM batteries. Roger on Teamwork
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi larry,

duetto had that problem last year. turned out that on our 2003 the windlass is wired to the starboard start battery which wasn't fully charged after being laid up. agree with roger, ck batteries.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Post by jgonnerman »

I dont know what brand windlass you have but I have used a web site http://www.jpwmarine.com.au/products/an ... fault.aspx for a part or two for my Quick brand windlass
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Post by SecondWind »

Almost any brand relay will work as long as it is designed for the correct voltage and Amperage. You can buy 12v relays at most auto stores.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
lgeller
1st mate
1st mate

Post by lgeller »

Thank you all for your replies. It probably wasn't voltage as it worked well in the DOWN mode but not at all in UP even without a load.

Ill replace the relay - just in case.

Larry