Battery Compartment dimensions

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Battery Compartment dimensions

Post by AMCarter3 »

I'm about to swap my wet cell batteries for AGM batteries. However, my 2006 34' PDQ Powercat boat is a charter boat in a fleet of charter boats here in Bellingham, WA and is out on charter virtually every week for the entire summer (it is very popular). I need to know the exact dimensions of the battery compartment to determine and order AGM's that will fit. Can anyone with a 34' PDQ Powercat tell me what the inside space dimensions are for the house battery compartment.
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Battery Compartment dimensions

Post by duetto »

hi mac,

roger on teamwork installed agms on his 2005. he's active here but you might want to send him a private message.
wrnole
deckhand
deckhand

Post by wrnole »

Mac,

Just in case you don't know, each battery sits in it's own recessed compartment. I didn't know this until I replaced my batteries last year. My boat came with 5 AGM Lifeline batteries and I replaced them last year with the same GLP-24T. Battery dimensions are: L 11.13", W 6.6", H 9.25". Each battery weighs 56 lbs.
Hope this helps.
Richard
Soul Sauce mv34 hull#24
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Richard,

Thanks for the battery dimensions. Where exactly are your 5 AGM batteries located? My battery compartment holds only 4 batteries (wet-cell now).
Mac Carter
wrnole
deckhand
deckhand

Post by wrnole »

Our battery compartment is located at the entrance to the sliding door, probably the same as yours. I suspect that our 5 AGM's were a special order by the original owner.

Richard
Soul Sauce mv hull# 24
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Richard,

Interesting. Let me see if I'm understanding this. You have 5 Lifeline GPL-24T AGM batteries located in the small battery compartment in front of the sliding entry door on your 34' Powercat? What year is your boat? That's amazing that they all fit. Could you please send me a top-down picture of your batteries in the compartment?
Mac Carter
wrnole
deckhand
deckhand

Post by wrnole »

Mac,

I'm sending you a private message.

Richard