If possible, would you buy a new PDQ 34 or 41?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
mod45
deckhand
deckhand

If possible, would you buy a new PDQ 34 or 41?

Post by mod45 »

New member trying to procure a 41 and have been doing some research on PDQ's history. If the powercats were still made, would anyone be interested in building and buying a new 34 or 41? I'm amazed at the magic in these hulls and the passionate community that has formed around it. Truly a shame what happened and odd that the market hasn't filled the gap they left behind.
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: If possible, would you buy a new PDQ 34 or 41?

Post by deising »

We could in no way afford one built today, but we love the boat.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
sailkane
skipper
skipper

Post by sailkane »

We always wanted the 41 but purchased the 34 as preparation into the Power Catamaran world.
We bought the PDQ because of the highest quality compared to other manufacturers.

The feedback during the manufacturing of newer models is evident!
We would be the first in line for a new model!
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Post by jbrad »

We have been enjoying our 34 for the past twelve years+ and would not hesitate to to purchase a 41 if we were in the market to step up.
MR BUSY
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

There have been a few interested parties over the years inquiring about producing the PDQ power cats again. Unfortunately nothing has come to fruition. After touring the Miami boat show this year it is evident that there is a gap in the market as you mentioned.
With 25 years of building, commissioning, sailing, maintaining and repairing these boats I would love another kick at the can, as I believe we could make a great boat better.

James