Fuel leak

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
island time
deckhand
deckhand

Fuel leak

Post by island time »

I have hull # 18 with the fridge /freezer built into the forward lower galley, I see diesel fuel leaking from a side compartment next to the a/c water pump under the floor in the galley. It is slowly leaking from the front of the compartment.Ive checked the generator area for leaks which could travel to that area , but could not find anything leaking. I've checked the forward tank area and could not find anything leaking there either.I do not smell diesel from either the forward fuel tank area or the genny area, but there is a leak . I was wondering if anyone has ever run into this, I was thinking about cutting an access hole behind the dinette cushions to see if there is a leak from the bottom of the forward tank, I am hesitant to do this because I dont smell any fuel in that area. Any help would be appreciated.
Vinnie L 2002 PDQ Powercat 34 Hull #18
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Fuel leak

Post by duetto »

hi,

i believe dick tushick posted something that maybe relavant. try a search on this site.

the main point was that the fuel tank support material may have given way, allowing the tank to sit on the bottom of the compartment, and possibly corrode if any salt water got into the compartment.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
island time
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Fuel leak from forward tank

Post by island time »

i am fairly certain that the forward fuel tank is leaking from the bottom , I have done a search on this sight and have found nothing pertaining to this, If anyone can help with info on removing this tank, it would be grately appreciated,.
Vinnie L 2002 PDQ Powercat 34 Hull #18
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Fuel leak

Post by duetto »

email dick at rhumbline yachts.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23