Another newbie

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Another newbie

Post by Pvbeach1 »

We just purchased a PDQ 34 Hull 57 - super excited but have a few questions! She doesn’t have davits or dinghy and was wondering if we can still buy the original davits that came from PDQ and if so from who?
Also recommendation for grill and can we run a line from the onboard tanks?
Thanks!

Pam
Out of the Blue (formally Fiesty Feline)
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Re: Another newbie

Post by jgonnerman »

Welcome to PDQ world

With regard to davits I had mine built by a fabricator in Stuart FL out of polished aluminum and they have been great

Barbecue-in my view on my past few boats has been simple is better. Used a small tank next to BBQ. Now have gone to using the 1lb tanks coupled with an $8 refill device. Way less pricey than a couple of hundred plus for fittings hose etc for tying into the boats tanks. Even a tie into the boats tanks requires an exposed hose from a fitting to the cue. I mount my cue on a hand rail but I can move it if the wind/boat alignment isn’t favorable

Enjoy your boat
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi,

we replaced our original davits with a set from st croix. i think they were an definite upgrade.

we too have used a magma grill on the stern rail with 1lb bottles. we too have the refiller from the 10lb tank. we've used this for 13 yrs of cruising and it works for us.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

Thanks for sharing- pretty sure we will go with a magma grill... Also starting our search for davits and dinghy and will definitely keep your suggestions in mind!

Pam
Our of the Blue
2005 #Hull 57
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
James Power
admiral
admiral

Post by James Power »

Hi Pam,

Give Sebastien Baril with Metaux Produit a call, 819-533-3222. They supplied the original davits to the factory and still have the drawings for them.

If running the BBQ off the ships LPG system, a lenght of split loom wrapped around the supply hose will protect it from the suns U.V and chafe.

James
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

Thanks John! Bob is going to reach out to you- we need guidance on a number of issues ... Hope you will be stopping in Jacksonville sometime this year!

Pam
Out of the Blue
PDQ 34’ Power Cat Hull #57
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

I really appreciate having this owners forum and the great people that are willing to help...

We need to replace the black rubber trim on almost all the windows - I saw that James said that it really is just for looks (ours look really bad) and to check Bomar to purchase. Has anyone purchased it and if so do you have the purchase information- what part/model number?

We also need to replace 4 of the 8 side portlight screens. It seems like these can be replaced with the Beckson Newport Portlight Replacement screen 7"x14". Does that sound right?

Lastly what is the correct cleaning product for the outside of all the windows? Ours really need a serious cleaning but I don't want to use something that would damage the glass....

Wish there was a list of replacement parts available!!

Thanks in advance.
Pam
Out of the Blue
2005 MV
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
sailkane
skipper
skipper

Post by sailkane »

Welcome
For the windows I start the season with clay cleaning ,then polish and then seal. I used Griots products for both the boat and cars.
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

Thanks!!
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
Spoff4
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Spoff4 »

Welcome to the club!
Part number for the fixed window gasket is 30-1135. Call Pompanette @ 603-826-5791. Great service. Price is about $3.50/foot. Middle forward (operable) window uses a different gasket. Not sure what that part number is.
George and Anita, Paul and Susan
Tampa Girl
MV 34 Hull #60
Tampa, Fl
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

jgonnerman wrote:Welcome to PDQ world

With regard to davits I had mine built by a fabricator in Stuart FL out of polished aluminum and they have been great

Barbecue-in my view on my past few boats has been simple is better. Used a small tank next to BBQ. Now have gone to using the 1lb tanks coupled with an $8 refill device. Way less pricey than a couple of hundred plus for fittings hose etc for tying into the boats tanks. Even a tie into the boats tanks requires an exposed hose from a fitting to the cue. I mount my cue on a hand rail but I can move it if the wind/boat alignment isn’t favorable

Enjoy your boat
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

jgonnerman wrote:Welcome to PDQ world

Enjoy your boat
John

Do you by any chance still have the contact information for the fabricator in Stuart?

Thanks
Pam
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57