trans oil cooler?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

trans oil cooler?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

i'm in the process of replacing the trans oil coolers on our 2003. the coolers are bowman DC60 with type A rubber boots. what i don't know is the thread type and thread size of the ports where the oil lines from trans connect to cooler. bowman offers thread types (bsp & npt) and thread sizes (3/8" & 1/2").

does anyone know which is the correct thread type and size?

this is actually an extra credit question since it stumped both dick tushick and james power :)
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Expatriate
admiral
admiral

Re: trans oil cooler?

Post by Expatriate »

I just googled DC60 and came up with a web site: https://www.asap-supplies.com/us/bowman ... ler-203020
It says 1/2" BSP oil and 22mm ID water. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

thanks for the reply.

i spoke directly to bowman. they can provide bsp or npt in 3/8" or 1/2". i was trying to see if anyone had done this project and knew what size/type pdq's supplier had used. then i could order the correct sizes and reuse the existing hoses. i realized this was a long shot when dick & james didn't know. i did find out that the zf trans end is a 3/8" npst.

my new plan is to specify 3/8"-npt and have new hoses made to match.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

i'm editting this thread. i said they are type "A" in the top post. that is WRONG they are type "C".
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23