Jacksonville FL recommendations

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Jacksonville FL recommendations

Post by Pvbeach1 »

We are in the process of looking for people to compound and buff, repair fiberglass, remove and replace pin striping and all the other decals - we already have the decals and stripes just need someone to do the labor.

We would also like to add an aft bimini and are hoping there is someone in the Jacksonville area that has already done one and y'all would recommend.

I really would appreciate any guidance!

Thanks.
Pam and Bob
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
"Out Of The Blue"
2005 MV34 Hull 57
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57
kjoverbeck
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Jacksonville FL recommendations

Post by kjoverbeck »

For the work on the hull, I can recommend both Lambs Yacht Center 904-3272285 and Huckins Yacht Corp.904-389-1125. They are right next door to each other and very competent. We recently had our bimini replaced and highly recommend Pats Canvas, 904-389-1001 located by Sadler Point Marina which is just a couple hundred yards away on the other side of the RR bridge from the other two. They are all located on what's called "The Marina Mile" on the Ortega River.

Kent Overbeck

2005 PDQ34 "Rising Tide"
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Wbr2974 »

Xs 2 on Lambs. Good guys and reasonable rates..

Bill
MV 34 0759
Pvbeach1
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Pvbeach1 »

Thanks for the recommendations! I had forgotten about the canvas place next to Sandler’s - we used her a few years ago for our Boston Whaler and she did a great job. The aft Bimini is on the wish list not the gotta do list so hopefully it won’t be too expensive .

Would be great to hook up at some point when y’all are in the Jacksonville area...

Thanks again
Pam
Bob & Pam Harrington
Out Of The Blue
MV 34 #57