Macerator pump installation

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

Macerator pump installation

Post by Wbr2974 »

I am having problems with my macerator pump. Reading threads I see this is a common problem. I see many have switched to a diaphragm pump and would like to know is does anyone have or would take a photo of how they installed it. There obviously has to be some modifications made to the existing fittings. I was going to build a shelf but it sure would take up a lot of room in an already tight space....
Any help as always is appreciated..
Oh yes and this is only for discharge while out at sea,

Thanks
Bill
2005 mv34 075
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Macerator pump installation

Post by duetto »

we switched and it was one of the best things we did for the boat. i'd take pictures but we are old style (#23) and it has a completely different plumbing setup than yours.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Expatriate
admiral
admiral

Post by Expatriate »

Are you talking about the macerator pump that is essentially part of the toilet, or are you talking about a pump that pumps the holding tank over? My toilet/macerator has given no problems in my first two years, but I carry a spare. The pump that I use to pump the holding tank over when at sea is a diapram hand pump. Takes about ten minutes of pumping by hand to empty the tank. Considering an electric whale gusher 220 or equivalent.

Tim
M/V 068
Wbr2974
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Wbr2974 »

Yes I am talking about the pump that empties the holding tank while offshore..
Switching over to a diagram pump is absolutely the way to go however it is not all that simple.
As I am planning on leaving for the Bahamas the second week in April I decided just to replace the pump with a 12 volt Jabsco.
Everything is back up and running and I will tackle this job at a later date.
Thanks
Bill
2005 MV 34 075
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

i agree with you. it's all about finding a place and routing the hoses. i've got to believe that someone on the forum who has done this.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

I have pictures of my installation but I can't load them because they are too large. Any suggestions?
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108