Bahamas crossing

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
deising
admiral
admiral

Re: Bahamas crossing

Post by deising »

Bill,

For some reason I did not get notified of other replies to this thread, so I just happened to check...

Sorry about the turbo. Our port engine had a turbo bearing/seal rebuild just before we bought her and the seal on the intake air side failed pretty quickly, leaking lots of oil into the intake manifold. Stuart Yachts owned up and sent me a brand new turbo, which is a bit of a pain to install, but not too bad. So, I would really beware a rebuild.

As to the engine controls, my flybridge controls DO NOT give me a neutral option, but the lower helm does. As was stated, pull the lever directly out to the side and then move it for higher engine speeds while the transmission is disconnected.

Too bad the Bahamas cruise is postponed, but as Terry pointed out, you don't want to have to deal with any significant problems over there. Best of luck!
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
Lyons Pride
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Lyons Pride »

hey duane, quick question about the fuel filter replacement and the bleeding process it may involve as I 2 on each side.
thanks in advance.

Kip
deising
admiral
admiral

Post by deising »

Kip,

Rather than change the topic of this thread, why don't you start a new topic with your question?

I am not sure I am the best to answer since I have never had to bleed anything in the fuel system.
Duane Ising
m/v Diva Di
Punta Gorda, FL
2006 PDQ MV 34 - hull 91, 75HP, 3-blade
Lyons Pride
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Lyons Pride »

my best bet bob on what you thought was cotton in the pickup lube was that white bilge paper they give you when you fuel up....people have to be careful not to let that paper snag or accidently let some go down the gas tube while refueling. Just a tip to think about when fueling up.