Engine Coolant Pump

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
dstrecker1
skipper
skipper

Engine Coolant Pump

Post by dstrecker1 »

I noticed a slow leak from my coolant pump on my starboard engine. I probably loose a cup of coolant about every 15 hours of running. Can't tell if it is from the rear gasket or front bearing seal. Has anyone replaced one on the 100 Hp engine. If so was it difficult? I see there are a lot of companies selling aftermarket pumps. Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket ones? Any help would be appreciated.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Engine Coolant Pump

Post by duetto »

we replaced one years ago. we have 75s but i think they must be very similar. we used a genuine yanmar because we were in bahamas and didn't want to risk a problem. bottom line, it's pretty straight forward.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
dstrecker1
skipper
skipper

Post by dstrecker1 »

Thanks, it does looks to be one of the easiest items to replace on the engine.
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

I've got an intermittent coolant leak on the port engine (75 hp) and can't find it.

The coincident environmental factors are:

- the engine has been run to operating temperature
- there is a storm (low barometric pressure?)
- engine is shut down, and everything inspects ok
- it gets cold during the night
- the next morning, there is coolant on the diaper under and aft of the transmission (verified that it is not trans fluid.) ... it's usually the amount that is in the coolant reservoir. For example, if the reservoir is 3/4 full at night, it's at Low the next morning.

Does this sound like it could be the coolant pump seal or gasket?
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade