Wiring Diagram Questions

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

Wiring Diagram Questions

Post by jgonnerman »

I have the wiring diagrams which came with my boat. The date is Apr 12 2002 and for first vessel mv 08.

My install deviates from the diagram in that:
No inverter/charger combo
No echo charger for the entec gen set
Charger installed was a xantrex 40 amp 3 bank charger.

120 VAC 3 bank charger leads from the charger go to the output posts on the combiner versus from a single output charger direct to the main positive bus bar. The leads are #4 gauge with no fuse in the line the versus diagrams #00 with a 300 amp fuse.

The 3 leads from the combiner go to the start batteries and the house battery bank. Wire gauge is #8 from the combiner terminals which now combine 120 ac charger output and alternator output versus the diagrams #4.

I can not locate a fuse between the combiner terminals and the 3 destinations to the battery banks being charged. Where might the fuses be. Are they internal to the xantrex?

The reason for the information on the diagram is the installation of LIiron batteries for the house bank.

Thank you
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
ONEEYEDJACKASS
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Wiring Diagram Questions

Post by ONEEYEDJACKASS »

Hi John
You should have a main fuse (300 amp) near inverter/charger for sure. It could be hard to find, mine was buried behind the inverter/charger. Re: fuses from combiner to batteries, I had none and none we’re shown on OG drawing. Since re-doing my system I’ve added many fuses per ABYC to get proper fusing. Feel free to call, I can show you how I did it. 951-314-7931
Take care, mark
Mark & Dea Goldsmith
BLACKBIRD
PDQ 34-114
ONEEYEDJACKASS
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Wiring Diagram Questions

Post by ONEEYEDJACKASS »

Here’s a pic of our system.
Attachments
BLACKBIRD INVR- CHRG As—Built.pdf