Salon door stop

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Salon door stop

Post by AMCarter3 »

Anyone know where to find a replacement door stop for the entrance door? Mine has aged and is looking like it's close to falling apart. And how to replace it??
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Salon door stop

Post by duetto »

mac,

not sure which stop. the one on the inside lower right? if so, i got a rubber chair bottom cup.

we're not on boat for another 2 months but will photo if you're still looking.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
makala
skipper
skipper

Re: Salon door stop

Post by makala »

stop.jpg
Hi Mac,

I just ran this drill a week ago. Ours failed in the Bahamas.. I removed it and saw it was at least the second stop that failed (two holes in the door). I didn't like the self tapped screws since the door stop+fastener is in bending.

My solution was a thru bolted piece of starboard on the outside rail, 1.5"x3"x3/8". The stop is now more of a shear mechanism vs. bending. Seems to be working well so far and was easy to fabricate. I could probably put some silicone strip to dampen the shock but usually the stop isn't loaded too much due to the door friction.

Please excuse the rubber bump scuffs, this is where I store the boat hook and brush poles (handle down)!! Click on the photo and it should rotate to the right orientation.