Weema water tank guage

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
John&Ria
admiral
admiral

Weema water tank guage

Post by John&Ria »

It appears our water tank guage is beginning to get 'sticky', i.e. when I recently drained the water tank for winterization the guage 'stuck' at 3/4 full until the tank was virtually empty, then it corrected itself.

I've successfully fixed a sticky holding tank monitor by removing and cleaning it. In that situation access to re and re the monitor mechanism was quite easy. I'm wondering if the same can be done for the water tank monitor. Due to its location, access to the top end of the monitor mechanism for removal looks like it will be very challenging ('limber' is no longer in my vocabulary :roll: ). Is there an easier way to free up a sticky monitor without removing it? I believe I could get a hose nozzle through the access hole and shoot a stream of water at it, but I'm concerned that this might damage the monitor mechanism. I definitely don't want to turn a relatively small issue into a bigger one, which I've been known to do before.

Any advice from those who have tackled this issue already would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: Weema water tank guage

Post by James Power »

Hey John and Ria,

Removing the plastic tank inspection port should give good access to the sender. Cleaning the sender shaft and float should correct. Feet forward and hanging into the locker is best way for your flexible volunteer.

Hope all else is well
James
John&Ria
admiral
admiral

Re: Weema water tank guage

Post by John&Ria »

Hey James,

Thanks for the quick response and advice. I'll give that a try - or should I say I'll try to entice someone else to give it a try :lol: !

Hope alls well with you too.

Cheers,

John