Princess Stove

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
LeadFreeToo

Princess Stove

Post by LeadFreeToo »

After 2 years, our stove suddenly didn't light. We (read that Larry) torn the stove apart to make sure nothing was lose and after putting it back together, it still didn't light. We called the company and the technician suggested we had bad propane. I could put a small Bar-B-Q tank to the stove and it would work well. The next town of any size, I took the propane tanks on my bike to several places and was told the tanks were fine. The last guy suggested the regulator was failing us. We replaced the regulator and the stove has worked since.
Sharon of Lead Free Too
Rejoice
1st mate
1st mate

Princess Stove

Post by Rejoice »

Read your post on the stove quitting with interest. Recently, our stove has taken forever to light, usually 5 - 10 minutes of cranking. Could this be a regulator problem also? The boat is only 4 1/2 months old.

Thanks
Anne & Dave Mensel
Rejoice
PDQ MV/34-51
Nashville, TN
Stray Cat
1st mate
1st mate

wanna fix your Princess Stove?

Post by Stray Cat »

Candy and I have MV34 hull 12, and had terrible troubles with not starting. Everything sounded and felt fine, but it just wouldn't light.

I found the solution for us, and I strongly suspect that it would work for you! Cheap and easy too.

1. Buy a nice selection of stainless washers.

2. Using a strong fork or such, pry off the knob of the offending burner(s).

3. Fit a washer or two (2 for me) over the newly exposed shaft and replace the knob.

Worked for me! It seems that the bottom of the knob's shaft coupling is supposed to press a pin just so when you hold the knob down to start, and it is doing that incompletely because the knob slips farther down the shaft after somebody drops something on the knob or whatever.

I also found that I had trouble with the propane valve up top by the tanks which was operating intermittantly when the weather was pretty cold (Portland OR winter).

Works for me!
Candy Chapman and Gary Bell in Stray Cat, MV34 hull 12
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Re: Princess Stove Free To Good Home

Post by MikeH »

Free Princess Cooktop - I'll be happy to ship to you, all or part. Has original manual, all mounting hardware and screws.

Works great EXCEPT: After lighting the burner, and allowing a while for the thingamajig to heat up, the knob pops up and the burner goes out. I've been compensating for this by using a 5 lb weight to hold the knob down. (probably the thermocouples or magnets)

I changed out to electric induction.

If you would like it, please let me know soon. I'll be throwing it out towards the end of the month.

Email to: mikehendry4444@gmail.com.
Attachments
Prin 2.jpg
Prin 1.jpg
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Re: Princess Stove Free to Good Home

Post by MikeH »

The Princess Stove has been claimed - It could not have gone to a finer, more well respected home !
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Re: Princess Stove

Post by teamwork »

Good afternoon everybody, and I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I'm trying to find a knob for princess gas stove. If someone is throwing a stove away, or if someone could let me know where to buy them, I'd be happy to hear from you.
Roger Comer on Teamwork
teamwork
skipper
skipper

Re: Princess Stove

Post by teamwork »

Seaward is out of business, Sure marine has parts for Princes stove.
Sure marine service Inc.
800 562 7797 PST
The knobs are probably in my mailbox now..
Great service knowledgeable folks. How refreshing that is. :D :D 😀 ☺️