Window Washers....

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Window Washers....

Post by Mishigas »

Running the boat in any substantial chop I get quite a bit of sea spray on the windshield that just get's plain nasty to see through. The Chesapeake salt turns white and the wipers just push it around. Why is it that boat manufacturers can't seem to get a window washing option on their boats? Anyway, has anyone done this type of install and if so, ideas are appreciated. This is one of my winter projects so if I am sucessful, I'll share with the group. I am thinking the auto parts supply will have what I need, just need to do a little creative plumbing..
Sandy K, [/i][/b]MISHIGAS
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi,

fwiw, rainx helps a lot. wipers get the water off and windows don't seem to get quite as caked up.

john cummings
duetto hull 23
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Washers

Post by SecondWind »

Boat manufacturers don't put automotive type systems onboard because extended exposure to salt spray would empty a washer tank in little or no time, not to mention the corrosion factor.

If you can spare the freshwater you may be able to pump from your water tank to a spray nozzle above the windscreen.

Many long distance cruisers use a handspray bottle or a garden sprayer to manually solve the problem.

Many long distance trawlers use a spinning disc to create a clear spot also.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
MV Dana Louise
deckhand
deckhand

wIndshield washers

Post by MV Dana Louise »

We have used a hand spray bottle and squeegee for three years now with good success. We like the keep it simple solutions - at least for the first try.
Brian and Nancy Strong
MV34 Dana Louise [#32]