Tender for PDQ34

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
TYGER-PDQ34

Tender for PDQ34

Post by TYGER-PDQ34 »

I have a PDQ34 on order and need to purchase a tender. What length tender do you find works well? Is a dinghy 10 feet, 2 inches (3.1 m) too long?

What manufacturer/model do you have? How well has it performed?

John Mills
Leadfreetoo

dinghy

Post by Leadfreetoo »

How and where will you be using the PDQ?
Sharon
TYGER
deckhand
deckhand

Tender for PDQ34

Post by TYGER »

We plan to cruise from Canadian Maritimes to Bahamas.
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Tyger, My dinghy is the AB Ventus RIB. I think it's about 9 1/2' and I use a 15 hp Merc 2 stroke outboard. This combo weighs in about 200 lbs and works well for us. This combo will plane with 2 adults no problem, with 3 adults under calm conditions and with 4 she will get you there, just not on plane. Sandy Kramer MISHIGAS PC34
Sno' Dog
skipper
skipper

Tender for PDQ34

Post by Sno' Dog »

Yes, I think Sandy is on the right track. I've just posted a dinghy comparison table along with a discussion of this subject on my website. You can go directly to the page at: http://www.geocities.com/snodoglog/Dinghies.html

Henry
Merry Christmas fr hull 87 - Sno' Dog
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

hi all,

we have a ab 9vl (9'6" and 106lbs). we've had it for 9 months of icw and it has gotten a lot of use. we have a yamaha 15 2 stroke.

we have old style davits. it just fits between hulls w/o rubbing bottom. we lash it forward so that it doesn't swing around. i added 2 padeyes in bow bilge to get a fair lead for bridle to lifting tackle. we keep motor on dinghy when lifted, so we use a 6 part tackle on motor davit.

it will plane with 3 aveage adults (total 500 lbs). reasonably dry in up to 1+ foot chop. it is VERY stable. you can stand on one tube w/o tipping. it makes boarding very easy.

i have to say that so far i'm very satisfied with the package.

john cummings
duetto mv34 #23