Trouble at PDQ ??

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Trouble at PDQ ??

Post by chicagocat »

Saw this on Sailing Anarchy. Is PDQ really shutting the doors??

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/forums/in ... opic=62957
PDQ 36052 - 1996 LRC - "Anne Z" - Chicago
and 2001 PDQ 36 Classic (Tall Rig)- "Cat Tales" - Punta Gorda, FL
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

we got an email from someone with pdq connections with much the same message as is enclosed in this link.

a sad day for anyone associated with pdq. we can only hope they work thru the financials.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Post by chicagocat »

Thanks. I'm very sad and distressed to hear about all this. They've been a really great company to deal with. I sure hope they can pull through. Does anyone have any additional information?
PDQ 36052 - 1996 LRC - "Anne Z" - Chicago
and 2001 PDQ 36 Classic (Tall Rig)- "Cat Tales" - Punta Gorda, FL
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

Just got off the phone with them and they are closing up shop this week. Very sad as I just bought a 32classic and have a bunch of questions.
Kokomo
admiral
admiral

Post by Kokomo »

Will the closing affect the functioning of this Forum?
Roger and Bonnie
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

I guess this type of question is targeted for someone like Sam, a computer guru - If it does effect the Forum, can we, as members, adopt the website & logistics of maintaining it? This website is obviously a huge asset to PDQ and they may not be willing to let it go until the dust settles.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

Guru, probably not. But I will do my best!

I emailed them to see what can be done. We can definitely run the forum from the same server that I run the http://www.pdq36.com site. The issue will be getting access to the historical data so we can retain all of the valuable info already posted. I have emailed Salwa and I will try to call on Monday. It would be horrible to lose all of this.

Sam

p.s. The server I am talking about is actually my brother's business server and we run several things there including the liveaboard list liveaboardnow@liveaboardnow.org for anyone who is interested in joining a liveaboard forum with a wealth of knowledge available on the cruising and liveaboard topics. Really good stuff, more than 500 members and 50-60 who regularly contribute.
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Thanks Sam! Let us know how we can help you.
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
salwa
Site Admin

Post by salwa »

Sam, don't worry about the PDQ Forum, I am still maintaining it for now. I'll let you know of any changes.

Although nothing is definite, I know that Rob has had good success in organizing a group of investors to purchase PDQ's assets. When I last spoke to him, he indicated that it was now a matter of dealing with lawyers and accountants before PDQ could be back in business.

I'll keep you posted.

Salwa
...be adventurous
jbrad
skipper
skipper

Post by jbrad »

Hi Salwa,

Jimmy and Jonathan say hello and thanks for your efforts. You and all the other friends we have made at PDQ are in our prayers. If you talk to any of the rest of the group tell them we said hello.
MR BUSY
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Salwa, nice to see you are still maintaining the forum and thank you for doing so. As a proud PDQ yacht owner and a friend of PDQ, Heidi and I were very saddened with the news of the PDQ closure. We sincerely hope that Rob and the investors can structure a deal to keep the company in operation. I am sure it's been a difficult time however please know that our thoughts are with you and the fine folks involved in PDQ Yachts.
Please convey our kind regards to everyone in Whitby.
Sanford & Heidi Kramer PDQ MV34 "MISHIGAS" Hull 68
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

Salwa,

Ditto everything Mishigas said....

Hope you and everyone at PDQ come out of this..
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
Pedigreecats
deckhand
deckhand

PDQ is good investment

Post by Pedigreecats »

I have been recommending the PDQ since the early 1990's when I first saw one of the sailing cats in Seattle. I haven't seen anything better for the price and tell all the inquiries who can not afford one of our bigger cats. These PDQ's fill a lot of the needs for people who just want a cat to cruise around on.
They will continue to fill the spot they have and no doubt it go up in value as
the replacement cost of a cat this size and quality will see to it. I know for a fact that we could not build a cat this size for what they sell for.
Gary Habersetzer, owner of Pedigree Catamaran Inc
http://www.pedigreecats.com
Padden
deckhand
deckhand

PDQTrouble

Post by Padden »

Good luck Salwa to you and to everyone else at PDQ. I just took my MV34 down the ICW from the Chesapeake to the Florida Keys and it performed flawlessly!
Calypso
deckhand
deckhand

Our hopes and prayers are with you!

Post by Calypso »

To Rob & Salwa & Chris & Jay and Lesia and all the great PDQ folks who worked their hearts out to get the last few of us out of the factory and off the docks this last month, we just couldn't say thank you enough. We got our PDQ 41 (hull #11 - last one out of the moulds) home to our dock in the Florida Keys (almost 2000 miles from Whitby!) this last week and we wanted you all to know how well she performed and how pleased we are at the level of finish and completeness we got in this boat. Everyone who sees this boat has had nothing but nice things to say about it. I've bought a lot of boats in my life and I never came close to receiving the TLC and quality we got with this boat.