transom grab rails

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Bob
admiral
admiral

transom grab rails

Post by Bob »

Does anyone know if the grab rails on the transom steps are the same between the 36 sail and the 34 MV? Holland Marine has some but they are labeled MV and are 45 3/4" overall.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
megamarine41
deckhand
deckhand

Re: transom grab rails

Post by megamarine41 »

As I understand a company in quebec supplied all steel for all the PDQ's power and sail.. they are called Metaux Produits you can get info and quotes from them phone 819) 533-3222
Bob
admiral
admiral

Post by Bob »

Emailed them several times with no response.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
DanRankin
deckhand
deckhand

Post by DanRankin »

Hi Folks
Where most of the stainless came from Metaux Produit, the transom grab rails did not, they were an off the shelf item that we formed to match the transom lines. I believe they came from Paynes or West Marine. As for the sizes I cannot recall whether the 36 and the MV were the same......
Bob
admiral
admiral

Post by Bob »

Thanks Dan, I'll scout around for these. Now all I have to do is screw up my courage to do the install. In order to get to the lowest fasteners I will probably have to cut a hole in the transom risers. Port side is easy but the starboard side is the holding tank-ugh! Would you happen to know the brand and tint of the gel coats used? I suppose I could just put deck plates in.
Bob Johnson
Hull 36045
Peace
DanRankin
deckhand
deckhand

Post by DanRankin »

Hey Bob, well you can reglass and gelcoat the areas, but I would install a set of deck plates or inspection ports, if only to have access to that aft area for leak inspections.....The gel came from Progress Supply in Toronto, I can see if I can dig up the numbers for you.
Cheers
Dan