Tachometer Install

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
alan kayser
deckhand
deckhand

Tachometer Install

Post by alan kayser »

I have wanted to install tachometers on my Yahama's, but didn't want to go through wiring hassle. I read an article about Tiny Tach and decided to install two.
The installation is very easy. Mount the Tach, Wrap the red wire around spark plug wire and connect ground wire to engin ground.
If interest you can purchace on line http://www.tinytach.com. I got 2 part #TT226R-2C. They have a resetable hour meter. I also special ordered longer leads 13' for stbd. and 15' for port [standard is only 10 ft.]
The only draw back is they have a permanent battery, which is suppose to last 4-5 years. I hope my permanent battery lasts that long.
I paid $46.95 including the extra $10.00 for longer leads per unit.
Last edited by alan kayser on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: Tachometer Install

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

There is a wire on the Yamaha switch... either yellow or green..it isn't hooked to anything..... I can't remember....this is the tach wire. Easy to hook up and already in the steering/instrument enclosure.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108