Auto helm pilot ST 4000 single spoke clamp

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Auto helm pilot ST 4000 single spoke clamp

Post by MagicDragon »

We are looking for 3) of Raymarine part A18089, the single spoke clamp that holds the autopilot wheel to the SS wheel. This part is no longer sold, and the only place I've found them online is England. We plan on replacing this unit come winter, and only need these three small clamps for the balance of the sailing season. Saw recently that several folks had upgraded to the X-5 and thought someone might still have these around. If you've got these, let us know your price, and THANKS!
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: Auto helm pilot ST 4000 single spoke clamp

Post by James Power »

Hey Magic Dragon, I have an assortment of black plastic autohelm clamps to fit spokes from 1" to 3/8". If this helps you out, let me know and I can ship them out. James
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Post by MagicDragon »

James - thanks for that offer! I'm pretty sure the inner spokes on our wheel are 3/8" but can't measure them for a few more days.

Charley was able to "hippie rig" a temporary solution to get us through the balance of our season. He paid less than 25 cents for each clamp, instead of closer to $25. (Pics herewith.)

We may still take you up on this offer, as we're working on a deal to buy a slightly used unit from another pair of owners. Those small plastic bits seem to take lots of abuse, but UV light (or lightning) has made ours very brittle and they broke apart. It does make sense to have extras on hand for when they break again in the future - we will be going to the Annapolis gathering, and hope to see you there. best, AB
Attachments
25 cent clamps
25 cent clamps
ST4000wheelclamp2.JPG (20.94 KiB) Viewed 9378 times
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Post by MagicDragon »

Just realized we have one unbroken clamp that I can meaure. The clamps we are seeking have the following dimensions:
3/4" high at the hump; 2 and 1/8" wide; and screw holes are 1 1/2" center to center. See you in Annapolis! AB
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
Phenix-former-owner
Site Admin

Post by Phenix-former-owner »

See my attached pic. Is this what you are looking for? If so, I think I can help. Send me a msg.
Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (21.36 KiB) Viewed 9279 times
--