Original production run changes Question

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Matt Y.
deckhand
deckhand

Original production run changes Question

Post by Matt Y. »

Greetings:

Does anyone know what was changed during the original production runs from the basic PDQ 36 classic to the MKII classic and then to the MKIII classic? What years did those changes occur? This is all I have been able to find at http://www.multihull-maven.com/Boats/PD ... ir_Classic and it may not be accurate!

36’ classic: Built 1990 – 1994?
MKII classic: Built 1994 - 1998? changes :
MKIII classic: Built 1998 – 2000? Changes: added hard top bimini. Later Mark IIIs the main sheet traveler runs on the top of the hard-top

Thank you,

Matt Young
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Re: Original production run changes Question

Post by Page 83 »

There were a few changes in the early 90's that might be hard to pin down. I think the earliest was a 4" bump up in the bridgedeck roof aft of the dinette to increase standing head room to walk from one hull to the other. Next came a rearrangement of the head with a big plexiglas shower door, to keep the toilet and sink top dry. I believe this occurred in 1993. The next big change was from the fiberglass front crossbar (and centerline deck) to the aluminum front cross bar. Its only a guess that this was a Mk II feature.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
Matt Y.
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Matt Y. »

Hi Sandy:

Thanks for your reply and information. I will keep them in mind as I look at different boats.

I may be able to slightly refine what I previously posted after reviewing NADA guide:

36’ classic: Built 1990 – 1994 A development from the PDQ 34, the extra length added to create the PDQ 36 gave the hulls better load-carrying capacity for well-equipped cruising. Other improvements included reverse-sheer transoms incorporating moulded steps.
MKII classic: Built 1994 - 1997 changes?
MKIII classic: Built 1998 – 1999 changes?

Matt
windrush
1st mate
1st mate

Post by windrush »

Hi Matt;
During the time I was researching PDQs I found an article that may answer some of your questions. Check out http://www.sailingmagazine.net/componen ... ectory=154 , especially under the subtitle "what to look for". I just remembered that I had seen it :? or I would have answered earlier. All the best...
Bruce