Dockside comparisons

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
amytom
admiral
admiral

Dockside comparisons

Post by amytom »

I was at Hodges Creek Marina in Tortolla last week (without my boat unfortunately) and took the oppurtunity to peek around.

I saw the new Lagoons with the flybridge. The boom looks to be 15 feet off the deck! How stable can that be with your center of effort up so high? I do like the idea of being up high to get a better view of the water but sitting on my hard top while driving with my feet is just as good. (as long as I don't gybe :lol: )

I saw another charter cat, not sure which brand, but the mast was raked back so far it looked like a windsurfer sail. It also had a fairly small self tacking jib. Can anyone think of why? How should the mast be tuned on the PDQ's specifically the 32?

About half of the marina was charter; of the other half very few had wind generators and only a couple had solar. Why not? Seems like a no brainer to me, with my 400W solar my beer stays cold and my bilge pumps will always work even though my marina can't seem to keep the dock power going. I havent had dock power in a couple of months now and the batteries haven't gone below 12.0 volts. (of course this is without running lights and autopilot)

Cockpit tables seem to be THE social center of all the boats. The 32 doesn't seem to be built with that in mind. Has anyone figured a way to add one?

Thanks for reading my ADD riddled drift. (If I sound like Glenn Beck just beat me about the head.)
Marc Gershel
admiral
admiral

Re: Dockside comparisons

Post by Marc Gershel »

Just a note on battery voltage. 12.0 volts shows 25% charge, 12.6 is 100% charge. Don't ask me why.
Marc