Dodger storage?

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Dodger storage?

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to store the dodger sections when they are not fixed on the boat?

Mike
MagicDragon
skipper
skipper

Re: Dodger storage?

Post by MagicDragon »

You do not want to fold these under any circumstance. As our dodger is made of sunbrella and isenglass (some kind of soft vinyl plastic window) - we roll each panel into a tube and use velcro straps (soft side facing toward the plastic) with the hook side facing out. Then, they are easy to stow in the empty berth against the carpet liner, and the velcro holds them in place. Our alternate option (when we have guests occupying that cabin) is to tuck them into a lazarette - we've got the 36 and the two forward lockers are HUGE. We used netting and hooks that came for the cargo area of our old station wagon to hold them in place and prevent them from moving around.
http://www.MagicDragonPDQ.com
Angela Barbati
S/V Magic Dragon 36054
near Cleveland, OH
mikeandrebecca
admiral
admiral

Re: Dodger storage?

Post by mikeandrebecca »

Thank you. When the spare berth is not occupied we just lay them flat on the mattress. When we have guests is when we have the issue. I will try as you suggest and roll them. The truth is that is actually what Rebecca suggested to me this morning. Perhaps I should listen to her more? ;)

Mike