“Bunking a PDQ Altar supported only by supports under the Br

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Magic Time
1st mate
1st mate

“Bunking a PDQ Altar supported only by supports under the Br

Post by Magic Time »

“Bunking a PDQ Altar supported only by supports under the Bridge deck.”

Would any one know if the 32 can be bunked using stands, only under the three main bulkheads that are along the length of the bridge deck, and no blocks under the two hull or keelets.
I would like to gain access to the bottoms of the keelets for repair and painting.

I would also like to be able to use a flat bead trailer ( suitable for the weight ) to haul the boat out onto a beach. The Trailer would be placed between the two hulls with the appropriately placed and secured stands or blocks. The hulls would be protruding over the sides of the trailer un supported.
If any one has done this or is familiar with the structural design of the boat please contact me.
Thank Much
chicagocat
admiral
admiral

Re: “Bunking a PDQ Altar supported only by supports under the Br

Post by chicagocat »

PDQ on hard.jpg
PDQ on hard.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 6970 times
I've done this many times with my 36. The previous owner had 3 stands that PDQ made. The stands fit under the bridgedeck and support the boat. The stands sort of look like giant saw horses.
Here's a picture taken when I was in the process of buying the boat (thus the different name).

let me know if you have any questions.
Brendan
PDQ 36052 - 1996 LRC - "Anne Z" - Chicago
and 2001 PDQ 36 Classic (Tall Rig)- "Cat Tales" - Punta Gorda, FL
Page 83
admiral
admiral

Post by Page 83 »

I built big sawhorses for my 32, and covered the tops (2x6's laid flat over a 2x6 cross piece) with Home Depot 2" thick blue foam. You can put a thumb thru this stuff, but with such a large support area, the foam was not compressed. I did this to accomodate any bends or waves in either surface. Costs less, works good. Didn't scratch the gel coat.

Another 32 owner built a trailer as you described.
Sandy Daugherty "Page 83" PDQ 36026
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Post by SecondWind »

From the PDQ 36 Owners Manual:
PDQ Blocking.jpg
PDQ Blocking.jpg (213.5 KiB) Viewed 6852 times
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind